With The diagnosis of one of Joes 3 children Jacob,. He reached out to Mat Rogers for some advice after seeing him on Australian Survivor talking about his son Max.
They struck up a friendship and Joe and his wife Renae became members of the board and ambassadors for 4 ASDKIDS.
Joes Sporting Accolades include:
- 3- time Olympian For The Australian Boomers (about to be 4)
- NBL Rookie of the Year 2006/07
- NBL All Star 2006, 2008
- NBL Champion 2008/9
- Gaze International Player of the Year medal 2009, 2012
- Spanish League Champion 2011, 2012
- Euroleague Champion 2013/14
- Utah jazz Team Member for 7 years (NBA)
His greatest love is being an Autism advocate and making a difference for kids in need.